top of page
  • Do I need a Student Visa to study in Canada ?
    Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Study Permit application can take up to four months to complete and process. Some exceptions apply depending on country of origin and intended length of stay in Canada. Information regarding study permits can be found by visiting the Canadian Immigration webpage at: However, if you’re already in Canada, you don’t need a study permit for a course or study program that lasts 6 months or less. You must get a study permit if you want to study for longer than 6 months.
  • My English level does not meet the College requirement, what can I do ?
    Students applying must have sufficient English language skills and experience to fully participate in classroom lectures, assignments, discussions and examinations. You will need a minimum of 6.0 in IELTS with no band under 5.5. If you have tried the exam and still not able to meet with requirement, you can attend the IELTS classes that we have prepared or apply for the college’s EAP program. EAP program (English for Academic Purpose) is a short-term English course host by the college. You can come to Canada and attend the class as a route to your college education.
  • I want to change my school or study program. Do I need to I change my study permit?
    You don’t need to change your study permit if you’re changing your school or study program. If you’re a high school student If you’re moving to post-secondary school and want to be able to work while you study, you must apply to change the conditions of your study permit. To do this, you’ll need to apply for a new study permit from within Canada. If you’re a post-secondary student While you don’t need to change your study permit, you do have to tell us when you change post-secondary schools.
  • Can I bring my spouse or common-law partner to Canada while I study ?
    Yes, your spouse or common-law partner can come with you to Canada while you study. While you’re studying, he or she can work full-time or part-time for any employer in Canada without needing a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). If you are granted a post-graduate work permit once you complete your studies, your spouse or partner is eligible to renew their open work permit for the duration of your post-graduate work permit. Your spouse/partner can apply for a work permit before or after they arrive in Canada. The work permit will usually be issued for the same length of time as your study permit. Most spouse/partners come to Canada as visitors first and apply for a work permit after they are in Canada.
  • Can I work on-campus and off-campus?
    WORKING ON-CAMPUS There are no restrictions on the number of hours students can work on campus, provided you continue to meet the applicable eligibility requirements. You can work on your school campus, without a work permit, if you: have a study permit listing a condition that says you’re allowed to work on- or off-campus; are a full-time post-secondary student; have a valid study permit, and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). WORKING OFF-CAMPUS You are allowed to work off-campus for a maximum of 20 hours per week during your full-time studies. You must meet all of these requirements: you have a valid study permit that includes a condition that says you can work off-campus; you are a full-time student with a program that is at least 6 months long, and leads to a degree, diploma or certificate; You have started studying; and you have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
  • Can I bring my kids to Canada while studying?
    International students are also eligible to bring their dependent children with them while they study. A dependent child is any child under the age of 22, or over the age of 21 who has depended substantially on their parents for financial support and is unable to be financially self-supporting because of a mental or physical condition. If your dependent child is school-aged, they are eligible to attend one of Canada’s free public elementary or secondary schools while you study without needing their own student permit.
  • Can I accompany children to Canada for study?
    It may be possible for you to have a visitor visa with the duration of your children's studies. If you accompany your children to enter Canada and would like to stay for more than 6 months, you might want to apply for the medical examination in advance in case the officer approve your request. If finally your approved visa is only valid for 6 months, you can always extend it before it expires.
  • Do I need a work permit for Co-op program?
    Yes, a co-op work permit allows students to work full-time during regular academic terms. You must have a co-op work permit if your work (e.g. co-op placement or internship) is integral to your program of study. It will be issued for the same length of time as your study permit and allows you to work full-time. ​ Your permit can only be used for work required for your program. However, you may simultaneously hold a co-op work permit and work off-campus if you meet the criteria for each. Eligibility Some study programs include work experience as part of their curriculum. You can apply for a co-op or intern work permit if: you have a valid study permit work is required to complete your study program in Canada you have a letter from your school that confirms all students in your program need to complete work placements to get their degree, and your co-op placement or internship totals 50% or less of your study program ref:
  • Can graduates work in Canada?
    To work in Canada after you graduate, you need a work permit. The most popular work permit would be the PGWP (Post Graduation Work Permit). The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP) allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian designated learning institutions (DLIs) to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. ​ With a post-graduation work permit, as with all open work permits, graduates can work full time work part time be self-employed A post-graduation work permit may be issued based on the length of the study program for a minimum of 8 months up to a maximum of 3 years. The length of your permit will depend on the length of the study program you completed in Canada. The permit won’t be longer than the length of your study program. Ref:
bottom of page